Monday 26 October 2015

Avery Elle Geek Love Wedding Congrats Card

Hey there! Thanks for popping by!

I would love to share with you a card that I had enjoyed making. I used the adorable couple from the Avery Elle Geek Love stamp set. They are really fun to colour and I love dressing the girl up in different outfits. Here's the coloured image of the boy. I used copic markers to colour him. He's looking much like the bridegroom that I've intended him to be. :)


Next, I dolled up the bride. I coloured her with Copic markers as well. It was rather fast to colour her because it was only her head and her arms but dressing her up took a bit of time. I fussy cut both characters. I don't usually buy matching dies as I often forget to use them and tend to just fussy cut the stamped images without even thinking if I do have the matching dies. It's exasperating whenever I remember that I have the matching dies afterwards! That's how blur I am in this area! All right, back to this card... :) Check out all the diamonds that the bride is wearing! Doesn't she look dazzling? Here is the completed card.


I love this Memory Box butterfly frame background. I die cut a white cardstock with the die and stamped the sentiment on vellum that had been die cut using a flag die. Then I pieced everything together. The last step was to put some glossy accents on the glasses to make them look shiny, like real glasses. The photo below shows the completed card with the 'glossy accented' glasses.


All in all, it took me 3 days to let my mind put the design and my hands to piece everything together. It was good fun and I enjoyed every moment of making this card. Here are a couple of closer views of the wedding congratulations card.




I'm entering this card in the AE i heart u Challenge #29. Wish me luck! ;)



Products I used to create this card:
Avery Elle Stamps Geek Love
Lawn Fawn Stamps Penelope's Blossoms
Memory Box Dies Floating Butterfly Frame
My Favorite Things Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX
Crate Paper Kiss Kiss Paper Pad
Tsukineko Momento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
Copic Markers
Ranger Glossy Accents
White Lace
Diamanté




No comments:

Post a Comment