Monday 23 November 2015

Snow Fairy Christmas Card

Hi, I'm back with a card that features a character that I don't usually use in my cards. It's a fairy! These fairies are Mo Manning's illustrations and so, they must be beautiful! They don't look that the typical fairies with long flowy hair but a little mischievous rolling snow. Maybe that's why I like them. I chose one of the three fairies in the stamp set.


I'm not sure what colours a fairy would wear, so I chose a green hat and then orange for his clothes. So now, he resembles a carrot with purple wings. :D As it's a Christmas card, I want to have some sparkle on it. I was trying to fit a couple of silver hologram snowflakes on the image but somehow they didn't look right. I changed my mind after some time and die cut a couple of gold hologram snowflakes. They do fill in the empty space. The embossing on the green card base is a last minute decision. I like how this little detail makes the card look a little more interesting than when it was without embossing.


I'm entering this card in MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge 255:

Products I used in making this fairy Christmas card:
Penny Black Stamps Snow Fairies
My Favorite Things Die-namics Rounded Rectangle STAX
Simon Says Stamp Die RyLynn Snowflake
Simon Says Stamp Die Abby Snowflake
We R Memory Keepers Next Level Embossing Folders Geometric
Tsukineko VersaFine Ink Pad
Faber Castell Watercolour Pencils

No comments:

Post a Comment